All returned items will be thoroughly inspected to determination if the items are eligible for credit, replacement, exchange or repair.
Please be sure to follow these guidelines to avoid any delay or denial in processing your return. Returns for credit and exchange may take up to 7 business days from the time your return is received. Returns for repair / replacement are reflective of the manufactures warranty, please see our Warranty Policy.
ALL products being returned must be 100% complete and must be packaged in ORIGINAL PACKAGING including all manuals, diskettes, CDs, digital media, warranty cards and other accessories as provided by the manufacturer unless otherwise specified. A return will not be processed or a restocking fee may be charged if any item(s) included in the original packaging are not present in the returned package.
ComTec.ca will accept defective item(s) within 15 days of receiving your product. At which point it will be at ComTec's discretion to issue a credit, ship a replacement product, exchange or repair the item and return it to you.
Return of non-defective un-opened items is at the sole discretion of ComTec.ca, product manufacturers may be consulted prior to granting the return. Non-defective item(s) will be subject to a minimum re-stocking to be determined by the distributor shipping the item and must be returned within 15 days of original invoice date. ComTec will NOT accept open non-defective items. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about which item(s) are returnable.
- Software & Consumables (Toner & Ink Cartridges, Printer Paper unless DOA)
- Digital Media (Blank Recordable Optical Disc's, Tape)
- Ear Buds
- Large Screen TV's
- Warranty Certificates and Licenses
- Products without the Original Packaging
- Products without an RMA number
Return Shipping Guidelines:
WARNING: ComTec maintains serial number tracking. ComTec will not provide warranty for products purchased from any other re-tail or e-tail business. ComTec will notify the authorities if any item is discovered to be stolen and will not be returned to shipper. Credit or replacement will not be issued.
Please read the following shipping instructions carefully. Products that arrives damaged in shipment, without an RMA number will be returned to you non-repaired. Products damaged through neglect due to improper packaging or in shipment, will void the warranty and be returned to you at your expense non-repaired. Any alteration to the product (i.e., removal, damage, or tampering of labels or seal, defacement of the product or abuse) will void the warranty and be returned to you at your expense non-repaired. RMA numbers will expire after 14 days.
Only products and quantities authorized will be accepted. For questions about your RMA Packing Slip, please contact ComTec.ca prior to shipment at email@example.com.
The following are helpful guidelines for packaging products for shipment. By adhering to these guidelines you will provide the best possible protection for the product so it is not further damaged in transit.
- Place the product in its original ESD (electro-static discharge) protective bag (if shipped with one) prior to shipment. If the ESD bag is not available, please use an equivalent anti-static bag. Use an outer carton that is made of corrugated paper. Do not use chipboard as it is not strong enough to withstand the rigors of transit. Please make sure the corrugated carton is free from defects and is structurally sound.
- To protect the product from shock, you will need to use a cushioning material. Foam may also be used as long as the product cannot move when the box is jolted and foam is covering all sides of the product. To ensure the product does not move inside the corrugated carton, make sure that you have secured the product snugly with the same amount of cushioning on all sides due to the fact the carton could be dropped on any side during shipping.
- When shipping more than one product in a single carton, ensure that the product does not touch and they are both cushioned individually. If utilizing foam, a minimum of 2" in all directions should be used. Peanuts or flowables maybe used during shipping. Seal the corrugated carton firmly using adhesive backed tape. Your RMA number must be visible on 3 sides of the box. Do not write RMA numbers on the retail packaging - this will VOID your return. Any package sent in without an RMA number will be returned to you non-repaired
- Please use a traceable carrier that can provide you with proof of delivery (i.e., Airborne, Fed Ex, UPS, U.S. Priority Mail, Purolator etc.) when returning your product. It is strongly recommend that you fully insure the package you are returning in the event that package is lost or damaged in transit If shipping via a packaging store, make certain that the RMA number is visibly placed on the outside of the package along with your name and return address. ComTec Computers Ltd. is not responsible for items returned that are lost or damaged in transit, this is an issue between the Courier and you.